“STEVE JOBS”. I think this name clears the big picture of bite apple and series of all iproducts. The person behind big change and betterment of our lives in technology. Who literally made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. Steve was fond of saying that he lived everyday like it was his last because he did. He transformed our lives, redefined entire industries and achieved one of the rarest feasts in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.
Recently i have read a book, Steve Jobs – Life By Design, very well written by famous author “George Beahm”. This book is about Steve Jobs first and only “Commencement address” to a graduating class of 23,000 students at Stanford University. The book begins with Jobs’ own words from his historical speech and unfolds from there, giving insights into his personal and business philosophies. It illustrates the vision behind his ideas and the multitude of lessons to be learned from Life By Design.
“Apple, at the core, its core value believes that people with passion can change the world for the better. ”
– Steve Jobs
I found his philosophy behind life and business is very practical and positive. This story is in three parts. First part is when you are young – full of enthusiasm. Second part is Love, Family and Business. and third is our final destination – Death.
In first stage of life we should run behind our dreams and work hard to chase them. Here are some highlights from his “commencement address.” These are absolutely inspiring for me. Hope, this will help you too !!
- Have the courage to live your life, not the one imagined for you by well – intentioned parents or other authority figures. You will know whats best.
- Cultivating curiosity for its own sake can lead to unexpected results in ways that are unforeseen – life can be delightfully serendipitous.
- Think like an artist to create great works of art that people will want to own and that will also stand the test of time.
- Where you start doesn’t matter, what matters is where you end up.
- Place your trust in Life’s processes and let life run its course. In time all will become apparent.
In second phase of life, its all about Love. A love of fulfilling work and a love for the people closet to him.
- Find the work that you love – and then relentlessly pursue it. That’s where you will find your fortune.
- To be successful, work hard; and when things get tough, work harder.
- In your life personally and professionally, find people whose values you share and whose vision matches your vision.
- Failure is life in disguise trying to teach you a lesson: Iterate until you get it right.
- Reinvent your life. Start living or start dying.
- Keep your dream alive by keeping the faith – be reborn like a phoenix rising.
- You can’t find love ; instead, open your heart and let it find you.
- You are meant to do great work. Make it so.
- Learn from your mistakes and constantly work to improve your life.
Third phase is the dark theme that gives it an unforgettable resonance. We should therefore gracefully accept it and focus on Life’s journey, not its end.
- Time is priceless because it can not be replaced . So strive to live each day to your fullest potential.
- The reality of the situation never changes ; you can only change your perception of it. Consider all the facts and then choose wisely.
- Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish.
- Follow the open road and follow your heart. It will show you the way.
Very short borrowed time from life, he lived his life in a true sense. He is the source of inspiration for many more upcoming generation. This is my small tribute to “iMan” STEVE JOBS.
Untill next time